- Brown the minced beef, onion and mushrooms in a saucepan.
- Stir in the flour and tomato purée and blend in the stock.
- Add 3 tsp Schwartz Mixed Herbs and Garlic Granules. Season.
- Cover and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the spinach according to the pack instructions. Drain thoroughly.
- Place the minced beef mixture in a deep ovenproof dish and cover with the cooked spinach.
- Add a pinch of Schwartz Ground Black Pepper and remaining 1 tsp Schwartz Mixed Herbs to the soured cream and spread over the spinach.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and place under a hot grill for 2-3 minutes, until golden and bubbling.
Alternatively, mix the spinach with thick cheese sauce and cooked pasta and use this to top the minced beef mixture before topping with cheese and grilling.
- Recipe type: Beef
- Cuisine: Mediterranean