- 1 tbsp OLD BAY® Seasoning
- 475 of double cream
- 113 g Sharp Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 340 g Gruyere Cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp granulated garlic
- 454 g Fusilli Pasta
- 454 g Crabmeat
- 225 g Breadcrumbs
- 225 g Romano Cheese, shaved
- For the cheese sauce:
- 25 g unsalted butter
- 355 of chicken stock
- 225 g flour
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat. Once butter is melted, add grated cheese a little bit at a time, gently whisking until all cheese is melted.
- Slowly add flour until a thick roux is developed.
- Slowly whisk in chicken stock and heavy cream. Bring sauce to a simmer, whisking continuously to ensure the sauce doesn't burn or separate.
- Add granulated garlic and season to taste with salt.
- Remove sauce from heat and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to directions on the package. Once pasta is strained, place into a 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Mix the lump crab meat with the pasta, and add the desired amount of cheese sauce.
- Mix together OLD BAY® Seasoning, breadcrumbs and Romano cheese. Generously cover macaroni with OLD BAY® Seasoning .
- Place in oven uncovered and remove once the top becomes golden brown.
- Recipe type: Fish or Seafood